Ever heard the advice that you shouldn’t wash your hair frequently as it can make your hair dry? Everyone has a myth about hair care and this is one of them.
Here are a few more, which you should take heed of if you really want a healthy head of hair. Consult a dermatologist or trichologist if you want to explode more.
1. Frequent trims can make hair grow faster
This is probably most common hair care myth which has been circulating for centuries. Actually hair grows half an inch every month whether you trim it or not.
It has nothing to do with the stylist’s scissors! But one thing is true, if you trim split ends, you will vastly improve the look of your hair.
2. Stressful living can lead to hair loss
Another certainty is that we will constantly lose our hair whether we are stressed or not. On average, we lose 45 to 125 hairs each and every day, though you may lose a few more, if you are badly stressed.
3. Washing your hair every day strips out essential nutrients
If you wash your hair every day with best quality hair shampoo that suits your hair type, it can invigorate your scalp and give you healthy and shiny hair. However, remember the following while shampooing:
- Use shampoo consistently.
- Never rub too much shampoo through your hair.
- Massage your scalp gently, using balls of your fingertips.
- Don’t use extremely hot water.
4. Plucking out grey hair will make them sprout even more
Actually, when your hair starts turning grey, you can do nothing except coloring it or wearing it proudly. Whether you pluck it or not, once if your hair started turning grey, greyer hairs will appear by the year. In addition, plucking grey hair can possibly damage your hair follicles and lead to infection on your scalp.