Oily hair is the most common problem in many of them. It is so bothersome that oil can be produced in few minutes immediately after shampoo.
Oily hair is very difficult to style and is also not manageable. It makes the hair to look dull and dead.
Every one of you might be in misconception that applying oil to the scalp can make your hair look oily, but the fact is dry hair is always responsible to make your scalp oily.
Dry scalp always produces oil and is transferred through out your hair.
Wash your hair regularly with shampoo. Don’t worry about doing it more often. If you have an oily hair, then shampooing can be the best idea to avoid oiliness of your scalp. Select a hair shampoo which is of good solvent type and having a pH level 6.7 or more, because oily hair needs more alkaline products.
Avoid conditioners, as they are used to coat your hairs. If you are having an oily hair, then they don’t need coating. You can apply it for the ends of your hair if they are dry.
Go for an acidic rinse after the shampoo, it can decrease the excretion of oil from the glands on the scalp. Take two table spoons of white vinegar or lemon juice.
Mix it up with one cup of water and rinse your hair with this mixture and again rinse your hair with warm water. By repeating this process, your scalp will be free from oil and also your hair will become soft.
Give your scalp a good massage with shampoo. This will not only clean the scalp but also clears the roots of hair. Leave your scalp with shampoo for few minutes. It won’t cause any harm to your hair.
Relax for sometime when you’re in stress. When you are in stress your body produces more androgens which are responsible for the production of sebum. Hormone imbalance also helps sebaceous glands to produce oil.
How can you control oily hair?
- Add more fruits and vegetables in your diet and avoid oil, fatty content foods and also consuming alcohol.
- Take two glasses of water and add two or three table spoons of mint to it and boil it for 25-30 minutes. Strain this mixture and add it to your regular shampoo. By using this regularly, the excess oil on the scalp gets absorbed.
- Take the puree of carrots and apply it on your scalp for 25 minutes and then rinse your hair.
- Choose only mild shampoo made especially for oily hair.
- Avoid using shiny hair products or hair gloss gel for your hair. If you have oily hair, by default it is always shiny. Using hair shiny products can make your hair look oilier.
Drink plenty of water and eat more nutritious food to get good and healthy hair.