Have you ever felt that your hair is just a mass of split ends?
No matter what type of hair your have, split ends can happen to almost everyone.
Most times, however, long-haired individuals worry about split ends because they put off hair cutting and hesitate to trim their hair.
Although your hair ends tend to get the most split, they can occur everywhere along your hair shaft, leading to hair breakage.
Over-coloring, insufficient conditioning, exposure to excess heat and extreme hair brushing often leads to split ends. Keeping the reasons and causes aside, it can be really frustrating to have split ends.
Besides affecting your appearance, split ends can hinder growth of your hair greatly. It is therefore essential to treat and prevent split ends before they wreak havoc on your hair.
Solutions for split ends
Split ends cannot be fixed quickly. Long-term treatment and proper care for your hair is crucial to solve split end problems.
Reducing the frequency of shampoo and avoiding heat styling hair products can go a long way to preventing split ends. Use best hair conditioner that is specially designed to give resistance for further splitting of hair and stop split ends.
Getting rid of split ends
- Brush your hair before you wash it to reduce tangles and consequent breakage of hair. While you are washing your hair, don’t bunch up all your hair together; rather let your hair hang down.
- Limit washing your hair by 2 or 3 times a week, which will help to preserve the scalp’s natural oils. Use a moisturizing conditioner to provide good moisture for your hair and avoid dryness responsible for split ends.
- Avoid brushing your hair when it is wet or use a wide-toothed comb. Before you comb, use a leave-in conditioner or an effective hair serum to provide extra protection.
- Certain ingredients in hair care products such as coconut milk, Aloe Vera and also milk proteins can help you to fix split ends. Try to choose hair care products with these particular ingredients.
- Avoid using hair dryers, heat styling devices like hair straighteners, and curling irons if you seriously want to get rid of split ends.
While split ends can be really frustrating, they are not impossible to prevent. Better hair care and the correct attention towards hair styling can help you to avoid serious hair problems.