Are you bored of your existing hair color? Do you wish to cover your brown, greys or white by younger looking hair bleach? Well if you are interested in an exciting new color for your hair, then you can try bleaching using high quality bleach. You can easily get bleaching done from a hair salon but doing it at home on your own can be very time saving and cost effective. The following are some of the useful tips for bleaching hair at home:
- Buying the correct bleach is the first tip that anyone will give you as far as bleaching is concerned. Make sure you purchase the right color of the bleach and one which is of superior quality. Check for peroxide which too must be provided along with the bleach. Avoid using the supermarket bleaching kits as they may cause hair damage.
- Remember to wear old clothes and hand gloves before you start the bleaching process. Bleach can leave marks and stains on your clothes and hands and hence you must be careful about the same.
- Mix the bleach and the peroxide together to prepare the mix for your hair. You will need to weigh both perfectly because the exact ratio is vital for a good bleaching effect. You can mix both in a bowl using a brush rather than using a spoon or your fingers. After you weigh and mix weight for about one minute so that the mixture can combine perfectly.
- The next step is to put the bleach on using a brush. Make sure you evenly distribute the mixture in your hair and start off by applying the bleach on the ends first and then move towards the roots.
- Make sure you leave the bleach on your hair for the right duration of time. Most of the bleaches take 20-50 minutes to achieve the highest levels of effect. If you are unsure, you can leave the bleach on the hair for 15 minutes and then check by gently wiping with a warm washcloth. If you think it hasn’t become dark enough, apply the bleach again and wait another 15 minutes.
- Rinsing is highly important once the desired level of bleach color has been achieved. Gently wash your hair and remove the residue. Do not use shampoo and just condition your hair with any product that you like. Dry the hair after rinsing.