Humid weather can really create havoc for your hair. Every day in humid or rainy season can be a bad hair day if you don’t take care of them enough. The frizz, the curls and the constant oil in the hair can be very frustrating and may be even more of a problem for those who already have curly hair.
What happens is that humid air causes hydrogen bonds to create water molecules and protein in your hair. This leads to fizz and curls which are hard to eliminate. If you are someone who is looking for ways to keep your hair straight in humidity, then you must know that there are many ways to do so. The following are the best tips to keep hair straight during the humid season.
- Use a lightweight shampoo and conditioner-one of the best tips to keep hair straight in humidity is to make use of a lightweight shampoo and conditioner for washing. These products must contain proteins, silicones and emollients which help to fill in the gaps of hair cuticle and hence smoothen it out. There must be no drying agents in it such as alcohol. Apply these products after every second or third day for best results.
- Dry your hair well-another tip is to make sure you dry your hair well, preferably with a microfiber towel or an old t-shirt as this helps you to avoid frizzing. Also, step out of the bathroom immediately after bath and dry your hair elsewhere as there is a lot of humidity in the bathroom after you take a bath in it. Only after drying your hair properly you must brush or comb them.
- Use a hair serum-besides shampoo and conditioner, another product that you must use during the humid season is a hair serum. A hair serum will seal the cuticle and will also provide shine to them. You must apply the hair serum on the tips after hair wash and remember to use one that belongs to a good and reputed company or brand.
- Avoid stepping out in the rain-stepping out in the rain can further add to your hair woes and hence you must avoid doing so. Always carry an umbrella or cover your hair if it is raining outside and you need to go out.
- Minimize styling-a hair straightener may help you get straightened hair for a temporary period of time but regular usage of it can harm your hair and may lead to damaging. It is better to use a light blow dryer after hair wash to let the moisture be retained in. Use the blow dryer on a cool setting to avoid curling or frizzing the hair even more due to excessive drying.
- Avoid touching your hair too often-our hands have enough sweat on them during the humid season and touching them to the hair can lead to further frizziness. So avoid touching your hair as much as possible.