French braid is one of the most beautiful and elegant type of hairstyle. You can easily wear it to a family outing, friends’ hang out or a cool day at the beach. All you need to do is know the basics of the traditional braid. After that it is extremely simple to master the traditional French braid, the French lace braid, waterfall braid, etc.
Following are extremely simple steps that you need to follow to create a classic French lace braid for that beautiful sundress of yours.
1. Firstly, comb and smooth down your hair so that there is no tangle or frizz. Then part them from the middle or sideways. French lace braid can be done on one side or both, so depending on that, choose your parting. With that also keep in mind the amount of scalp being seen. If the scalp is too showy from where you parted, change the parting or scalp stands out later.
2. Now begin with a small section of your hair. Select a strand near your forehead, bordering the partition. It should be about one inch thick. However it all depends on your choice of thickness for the braid. If you want a thick braid then select thick amount of hair strand, while a dainty braid would require small amount of strands.
3. After this, divide the strand of hair into three equal sections. Remember that your braid should be facing downwards, running along your jaw line, rather than stretching backwards.
4. Now begin to braid like the traditional method of the right side across the centre, then the left side across the other two. As you start going down the braid, you start to incorporate more hair into every turn, the only difference between this and the regular French braid is , in this, you only need to incorporate hair strands to one side.
5. You can either incorporate from the left side or the right side, but taking strands from the centre looks better as it seems to be hung from the center. Always remember to take the braid down one side of the head in a haloed formation to the end.
6. If you are doing a single braid, then circle your braid around your head till it ends on the other side. If you are doing two braids then end each near the center of your head at the nape.
7. There will be a point when you eventually run out of strands to incorporate in, so then out tie it in a traditional braid until the end. Tie it with a cute hair tie to complete the look.
Photo Credit By: wikihow.com