Some researchers in Scotland found that for patients who were suffering from great hair loss, and from conditions like alopecia nervosa, massaging with essential oils like rosemary, thyme, cedarwood and lavender caused a dramatic reduction in their hair loss.
However, other experts do say that no matter what oil you may use to massage your scalp, it is the quality of the scalp massage that will help your hair more than anything else.
Experts advice that you must use circular movements and only the tips of your fingers to massage oil into your scalp. This will promote hair growth and give one a feeling of well being and also bring relief from mild headaches.
Try not to use too many chemicals in your hair; they may be harmful and may cause irreversible damage to your healthy hair. Instead, use fresh natural oils for massaging your hair everyday. Here are some natural oils for you:
- Mix chamomile in a glass of warm water. Use this solution as a final rinse after you wash your hair. This will act as a natural hair conditioner for your hair and let it stay in place. Additionally, chamomile has the advantage of giving golden highlights to your hair.
- You can use rosemary instead of chamomile for the same effect, although rosemary is in fact generally recommended for treating oily scalp and dandruff.
- Almond oil can be combined with raw eggs to be applied to the scalp. This will cure infections such as dandruff and dry scalp. It will help get rid of itching and dryness of hair.
- Use a teaspoon of basil mixed into your usual oil. This will help you get rid of your oily hair, and promote new growth of hair, especially if you are aged above fifty.
- Clary sage oil can be used to treat dandruff, and experts say that this is one of the more effective remedies for the problem. Similarly, myrrh, if available, can deal with dandruff and lice, if used regularly, and if massaged with the technique described above.
- On the other hand, peppermint oil can be used to fight dry hair. It conditions your hair and gives it a luster.
- Tea tree oil, which is readily available in all stores, can be used on oily hair, and to fight scalp infections, itchiness and irritability.
Remember; find out whatever you can about the natural oils mentioned above before you start using them. Everything does not suit everybody, and you must exercise caution before using them, especially if you suffer from any sort of scalp infections or hair dryness.