There is a lot that can go wrong with hair, and perhaps this is due to some of these common hair mistakes that you may be making-
1. Over washing is frequently a problem, particularly if you don’t use the right products. If you do have to wash hair every day, use a goodhydrating/moisturizing shampoo.
2. Styling, shampooing and environmental toxins can take their toll on your hair, so proper conditioning is a must.
Use a leave-in or rinse-out conditioner regularly and if your hair is chemically treated, frequently styled using heat, or naturally dry, deep condition at least once every week.
3. Use the right products for your kind of hair. If you are not sure what those may be, ask your hair stylist for recommendations.
4. Remember that anything tight in your hair – be it a hat or clips, pins, bands and barrettes, any of these can cause hair to break and in turn cause hair loss.
5. If you use hair irons, dryers and so on a lot then you need to use some sort of heat protectant. There are a number of products in serum, cream and spray form that will protect hair against heat.
7. If the expert tells you that your hair will not give you the same result as X celebrity that you admire, believe them and go in for a hair style that suits you specifically.
8. If your hair has undergone a lot of chemical processes, then remember you want to give it some TLC – your mantra should be, Condition, Condition, Condition!
9. Your hair color should match your skin tone; if not the results can be rather disastrous.
10. Don’t do any chemical processes at home. Rebonding, coloring can go wrong in more ways than you may know!