Having natural hair makes every person proud. Everyone desires to look beautiful regardless of what type of hair they have.
Every race has its own standards of hair. Not taking proper care will lead to breakage, split ends, dull hair, hair loss, etc.
Appropriate natural hair care will give you healthier and beautiful hair strands.
Growth of hair depends on the function and structure of the hair fiber. There are some hair care tips which will give you healthy hair.
- Maintain healthy lifestyle for healthy natural hair. For this, you should avoid excess stress and smoking. Exercise and nutritious supplements helps maintaining healthy lifestyle. Remember to get good sleep.
- Don’t use hair styling products with alcohol as it may dry out your natural hair and avoid putting them directly onto your scalp, as they will clog the pores on the head.
- Don’t expose your hair to hot air as this may cause damage to your natural hair. Don’t put the dryer in one spot for more time. Make a habit of moving the dryer from place to place. [Do’s and Dont’s for Hair Care]
- Wet your hair with water before entering into the pool so that your hair will soak up with initial water rather than chlorinated water. In order to protect your natural hair from chlorinated water, put a cap when swimming.
- Avoid combing or brushing when your hair is wet as it may cause breakage to your natural hair. Use brushes or combs that has wide spaced bristles and smooth tips as sharp bristled combs can cause split ends and may scratch your scalp.
- Wash your brushes and combs weekly with soaps or shampoos to keep them clean. Before brushing, comb your hair to remove tangles. Comb or brush your hair with downward strokes.
- Trial and error method is the best way to find the best hair care product that suits your hair. Use shampoos and conditioners that suit your hair type. Showering with hot or warm water can cause irritation of your scalp.
- Rinse your hair thoroughly before applying shampoo onto your scalp to remove dirt, dust, etc. Then, apply shampoo and massage your scalp gently with your fingertips. Leave your hair for two minutes and make sure that you rinse your hair with water to remove all shampoo residuals if left.
- If your hair type is oily, it is advised to wash your hair everyday or every other day to keep your hair clean. On the other hand, if your hair type is dry, wash your head two to three times a week.
- To maintain a shiny natural hair, use conditioners after shampooing. Hair conditioners will help moisturizing your hair and makes your hair untangle easily. Spread the conditioner evenly throughout your hair.
- Be careful when shampooing or conditioning. As wet hair is more vulnerable and fragile, excess rub may cause breakage and damage to your natural hair.
So, take proper care of your natural hair in order to maintain beautiful and healthy hair.