Alopecia is a term used for hair loss, which has become one of the major problems these days. Hair is one of the significant parts of physical appearance and baldness can spoil the look of any individual. To treat any kind of hair loss, understanding the cause of the problem is very essential.
Hormones and heredity plays a very important role in investigating the cause of baldness. Hair loss or alopecia is not an inevitable trouble and it can be easily cured and controlled by trying some effective ayurvedic treatment.
Proper diet and conduct can also help in prevention of hair loss. People suffering from alopecia areata must try to consume more fruits and vegetables and they must ensure all the essential minerals and vitamins in their diet. One must avoid worries, tensions and very strong chemical products in order to prevent the hair loss. Hot combs and hot water baths are also dangerous for the hair. Details about ayurvedic remedies for alopecia areata are given below:
Ayurvedic Remedies for Alopecia Areata
- Ayurvedic treatments for hair loss must focus on treating endocrine abnormalities and otherautoimmune disorders. Crash diet could also cause hair loss troubles thus a proper diet containing appropriate calories must be consumed. In Ayurveda hair is believed to originate from the bones and thus to treat hair fall medicines are given to strengthen the bone. Vasthis are applied with milk at the affected areas.
- In classic ayurveda alopecia areata is explained as indralupta and the treatments are focused at treating all the systematic and local conditions of hair fall.
- Shirobhyanga- In this the scalp of the bald person is massaged with fingers for 10-15 minutes every day. It increases the blood circulation in the scalp and warms it up for the regeneration of new hair.
- Hair Conditioning- Hair should be conditioned on regular basis so that the dryness and roughness of scalp can be avoided.
- Prachaana- In this process scalp is pricked and scraped with a needle like instrument which lets small blood drops ooze out from the scalp. It helps in improving the hair fall concerns by increasing the blood circulation in the head.
- Pouring of the Medicinal Liquid or Dhara- some herbal infusions are poured out on the scalp which helps in cleansing of the scalp.
- Medicated Purgation or Virechana- The pitha or fire principle is cured by giving some herbal purgatives which helps in cleansing of the body from inside.