Are you prone to dandruff? Have you tried almost every anti-dandruff shampoo in the market and still no results? Dandruff can be very embarrassing and irritating that people resort to all sorts of medications just to have it removed.
Anybody is prone to getting dandruff from infancy to adulthood. About 5% of the total population has dandruff, most of these are men.
This skin disease is not very alarming because dandruff treatment may be done at home using natural remedies. Here are some treatments you can use to get rid of dandruff without using harmful chemicals:
1. Tea tree oil: This oil that comes from the leaves of melaleuca alternifolia is an effectivedandruff treatment. They thrive in Australia and used by the aborigines since the olden days.
The market is now flooded with shampooscontaining tea tree oil as the main ingredient. This is an effective dandruff treatment because it has a strong anti-fungal element.
2. Apple cider vinegar: This cooking essential found in our cupboards is believed to have a therapeutic effect on dandruff. It is best as a dandruff treatment when mixed proportionately with water.
Simply store the mixture in a spritzer and spray a generous amount in the scalp and thereafter wrap the head with warm towel. Doing this everyday can remove those ugly flakes.
4. Lime: Freshly squeezed lime has been known as a dandruff treatment long before the advent ofdandruff shampoos. After taking a shower, it can be used as a final rinse. In fact, it does not only work as a dandruff treatment but it also leaves the hair glowing.
5. Beets: This root crop is not only great for salads but a good dandruff treatment as well. Even the topscan be used during the treatment. Boil the tops and the root but do not discard the water because this is to be used in massaging the scalp. While white beet is more preferred, red beets may also be used.
6. Snake gourd: Ever since, this plant has been known for its many healing properties and as an effective dandruff treatment. All you have to do is squeeze the juice of the gourd and apply on scalp to get rid of dandruff.
7. Anti-dandruff shampoos: There are many available shampoos that can be used as dandruff treatment and does not need any prescription from doctors. Using this kind of shampoo will either eliminate or prevent dandruff from developing.
Having dandruff can be very embarrassing. It makes one’s scalp itchy and flaky. However, this can be avoided by eating biotin-rich foods such as egg yolks, barley, liver and milk. Biotin is responsible in breaking down carbohydrates and fats which cause dandruff. This water soluble B-vitamin is also produced naturally by the intestines.