I know all we women out there dread something with equal fervor, and that thing is ‘cellulite.’
As we approach thirty, that hidden store of fat starts to show itself, happily and without control, on all the areas that you had taken for granted all these years; on your thighs, on your butt, on your arms (uggh, of all the places!).
Some of us may despair, and think, “O God! No! Have I become old already?!” Don’t be sad, I can tell you now: there are natural ways to not only control cellulite, but also ways with which to get rid of it, and even prevent it from accumulating in unsightly bumps on all your pretty curves.
Here are some tips for you:
- Diet. By diet I do not mean starve yourself. All I am saying is that you must always exercise some kind of control on what you eat and how much of it you eat. It is OK to indulge in your favorite treats once in a way, but it is definitely NOT OK for you to eat those treats everyday; you will only end up with a lot more fat than you need.
- Count your calories; your diet must include 60% of carbohydrates, 35% of protein, and only about 15% of fat.
- Eat plenty of fresh green vegetables, and indulge in fresh fruits everyday. Drink plenty of water, and you can try this trick: drink a glassful of water before you start your meal; this will give a feeling of fullness and will prevent you from over eating. Remember, your body will need at least fifteen minutes to inform you that you are full, so you need to eat slowly, chew properly, and also refrain from taking that tempting second helping too quickly.
- Try strength training to help you get rid of cellulite, while at the same time building up your muscle. Remember, even if you get rid of the fat, your cellulite will show unless you have converted the fat into muscle.
- You could also try aerobic exercises, because these more than any other form of exercise will burn up fat easily. You do not necessarily have to join a gym for the purpose; you could walk, swim, jog, and run up the stairs and so on for at least an hour everyday.
- You could try de-toxifying your body regularly, as the new age mantra for fitness proclaims.
- These are some of the other methods recommended to get rid of cellulite: herbal medicines and body massage, aromatherapy, meditation, and reflexology.
Keep trying, and remember; your health is more important than anything else. Never try anything that may put you at risk.