Bad breath, which is also called as halitosis, is a foul odor from the mouth. The main cause of bad breath is bacteria collected in the mouth.
These bacteria when they digest the proteins leave volatile sulfur compounds and adds foul odor to the breath. There are many easy and quick ways of bad breath cure.
It is important to know the causes of bad breath. Low carbohydrate diet, which is proved to be effective in weight loss, is one of the main causes of bad breath.
Bad breath is one of the side effects of Atkins diet (high protein and low carbohydrate diet).
Now, you can have bad breath cure caused by low carbohydrates with special toothpastes, mouthwashes, etc. With these special products, you can get rid of bad breath.
Not having regular teeth checkups with dentist is another cause of bad breath. Lack of teeth cleaning permits the bacteria to rise and cause bad breath. So, having regular checkups with your dentist is also a bad breath cure.
Smoking and other tobacco products use will cause bad breath and discolors your teeth. This smoking habit may also lead to periodontal disease and oral cancer. Avoiding smoking and tobacco products is also considered to be bad breath cure.
Not brushing and flossing daily is another cause of bad breath, as the food particles will remain in the mouth and collect the bacteria in the mouth.
The collected food particles that remained in the mouth (in between the teeth, tongue, or around the gums) may get rot and give malodor. So, cleaning your teeth daily by brushing is one of the best bad breath cures.
Spicy foods also cause to have bad breath from your mouth. This bad breath continues until that spicy food is processed through your digestive system. In order to have bad breath cure, avoid spicy foods as much as possible.
In some cases, bad breath will be caused by medical illnesses. For this, consult your physician to have bad breath cure.
Below are some of the bad breath cures that you need to follow to eliminate bad breath to some extent.
- Brush and floss your teeth correctly.
- Clean the tongue along with brushing and flossing. Cleaning your tongue with tongue cleaner will remove the layer of mucous and food particles that contains anaerobic bacteria.
- Drink a lot of water throughout the day. It is one of the best bad breath cures if you are suffering from dry mouth (xerostomia).
- Rinse the mouth with water frequently. This can reduce the bad breath problems for short period of time and also removes the bacterial waste products partially.
- Clean the mouth well with water after eating foods that are high in proteins.
- Use chlorine dioxide mouthwashes as chlorine dioxide assaults volatile sulfur products, which are responsible for bad breath.
Bad breath is a condition, which embarrasses everyone. If you are concerned about bad breath, consult your dentist to identify the cause of bad breath for bad breath cure.