Colored contact lenses are the rage in today’s world. Not only those who have a vision defect but even those who don’t are using colored contact lenses these days. These lenses, basically work like normal contacts but with the only difference that upon application, they make our eyes appear colored.
They are available in many colors and shades, which people can select upon their personal preference. While they may make you look fashionable and your eyes beautiful, there could be many disadvantages of using such lenses as well. There are both pros and cons of using colored contact lenses and the following given information will throw light on both:
Pros of Using Colored Contact Lenses
- One of the biggest advantages of using colored contact lenses is that helps you to change your appearance. This means that with the use of such lenses, you can easily change the way you look since our eyes are one of the most important features of our looks and features. With the change in their color, the entire face changes.
- Another positive associated with the use of colored contact lenses is that they help a person look more fashionable and stylish. Colored lenses are available in many colors and by choosing one; anyone can become part of the trendy look. Some colors which look absolutely stunning include hazel, brown, blue, green and gray etc.
- Another advantage of using colored contact lenses is that they can help you disguise when and if you need it. A lot of actors use lenses in movies etc. to change their look and fit the character a little more convincingly.
Cons of Using Colored Contact Lenses:
- One of the biggest disadvantages of using colored contact lenses is that there is no medical use or requirement of using such contacts. For those who have issues with vision, non-colored contacts work the best and using the colored ones is just for the sake of appearance or fashion and not requirement.
- Buying low quality or cheap colored contact lenses can be harmful for the eyes. Many cheap qualities can harm the eyes and may not be the right fit for the eyes of everyone. This can lead to easy slipping or may be too tight which can be hurtful.
- Another negative associated with the use of colored contact lenses is that one may soon get bored of wearing the same color after a while and this may just lead to wastage of money. Unlike non colored contacts, colored contacts may not look good with all outfits or on all occasions. People may get bored of wearing the same shade and onlookers may not always appreciate the color one is wearing.
- Nonprescription colored contact lenses have more harmful effects than prescription ones because those who don’t have any issues with vision may find it hard to wear the contacts and may end up hurting their eye. This can cause discomfort and especially for those with no practice or sensitive eyes.