Have you ever thought of the fact that our feet are the most abused and most used body part and due to this reason, they tend to get dirty, cracked and chapped often? Well just as we take care of our face and hands, it is important to treat feet with respect and care too. No matter what the season is, feet need extra care and on a regular basis for maintaining their softness and health. The following are some of the best ways to take care of your feet at home:
- One of the best ways to ensure that your feet look good and feel good is to wash them daily. Apart from the morning bath, make sure you also wash them once before going to sleep to take off all the sweat and dirt out of them. Washing with warm water can be even more helpful.
- Moisturize your feet everyday after washing them. After you wash the dirt and dust off your feet, you must apply a thick and buttery lotion on them so as to seal in the moisture and make sure that they remain smooth and soft throughout the day. You can also slip on socks after washing and moisturizing your feet when going to bed.
- Wear the right footwear for the different occasions to take care of your feet further. Let your feet breathe in the summers by wearing open toed footwear like sandals and flip flops. For the winter months, wear waterproof footwear over socks for maximum protection.
- Get rid of the odors from your feet for further taking care of them. Since our feet tend to sweat a lot, especially in summers, a certain bad odor settles in and tends to harbor bacteria. To avoid this, change socks often and keep your shoes clean all the time. You can even use a minty lotion or foot powder for this problem.
- Keep your feet as dry as possible. If the feet are in moist conditions, then foot fungus will grow and will lead to rashes and itchiness. To keep them dry, use foot powders and make sure you wear dry socks and footwear.
- Trimming your toenails regularly and neatly is another way to maintain your feet.
- Dip your feet in warm water every once in a while and then use pumice stone to rub the dead skin cells off.