Puffy eyes can not only make a face look less attractive, it could be an indication thatsomething else is wrong with the body and one may do well to take notice of this.
Here are some of the causes and natural remedies for puffy eyes:
- Dehydration could be one cause. As the body senses dehydration, it starts to conserve or retain water and hence the puffy eyes.
- Too much salt or alcohol consumption before sleeping could cause puffy eyes.
- Sometimes it could be an allergic reaction that causes puffy eyes – particularly if accompanied by soreness or redness.
- High blood pressure could push the fluid to the tissue around the eyes.
- Kidney infection or thyroid could also result in puffy eyes.
Some natural remedies for puffy eyes are:
- Put two spoons in the fridge and put those on the eyes for a minute or until they warm up.
- Take ice cold milk, soak cotton pads in it and then put those in on the eyes until they warm up. Repeat for several minutes
- Soak tea bags in cold water and then put them on your eyes for 15 minutes
- Thinly sliced apples and potatoes can be put over the eyes. Potatoes reduce dark circles and apples help in anti-oxidation.
Also puffy eyes can be prevented by getting enough sleep, never sleeping with your make up on, and drinking plenty of water.