So many women see the spa treatments as something addictive not to mention too expensive to afford more than maybe once a month. Spa pampering seems something out of the world of rich and famous and if you look carefully around the web you will see how many women are looking for a home made alternative.
Of course that you can use plant infusions, precious oils and aromatherapy but spas also offer a type of face massage that is able to tone up the face muscles and give your skin a certain ‘professionally obtained’ glow.
Yes …getting your face massaged gently by a professional is something we all dream off but if you cannot afford a spa session you must consider the available alternative.
Our grandmothers had certain magazines that used to teach the housewives of that century how to look beautiful while being perfect ladies of the house.
Face gymnastic became a presence in cosmetic world after world war two and remained a constant presence especially because women noticed how benefic the exercises for their complexion were.
The concept of face fitness is certainly more recent but if you look inside the vintage magazines you will see that face gymnastic is not exactly new.
So if you want a fresh look and you would like to give a try and see the effect of a home made spamassage here are a few steps to consider:
Eye exercise: make the eyes shine and add a glow to the sensitive eye area
- Close your eyes and count to 5 then open wide and count to 5 once more. Repeat the exercise 5 times.
- Hold your head straight up and roll your eyes. Start from the right, then up, left and down. Repeat the exercise 5 times.
- Place the index fingers in the exterior corner of the eyes. Make very small circles using the finger to move the skin. Do this exercise for 10 seconds.
Forehead exercise: get rid of the stress lines
- Frown as hard as you can and push your eyebrows as high up as possible while you open your eyes wide.
- ‘Walk’ with your index fingers along the natural line of the eyebrows from interior to exterior and back for 15 seconds.
Chin and neck exercises: shape up the jaw muscle
- Lay on your back with the head slightly up. Inhale through the nose and exhale through the mouth.
- Clench your teeth, inhale through the mouth and exhale through the nose.
- Sit on a chair, raise your jaw and move the mouth like you are chewing something. Count to seven and then stop. Make sure you repeat the procedure at least 5 times.
Cheek exercise: shape of the face lines and prevent wrinkles
- Stand in front of the mirror and smile with your mouth closed. Repeat the procedure 7 times and then relax your face.
- Clench your teeth and slightly open your lips. Move your lips in all directions while stretching as much as possible.
- Close your mouth and clench the teeth. Walk the air inside your mouth from the left chick to the right chick. Do the exercise for 10 seconds and then exhale and relax your face.