Foot spa has become an increasingly popular salon activity; but is it at all necessary to give away tons of money every month for this job when it can be done well at home? If you are conscious about your hair, skin and body and can get all homemade remedies to take care of them then foot spa can also be done at its best in the comforts of your home. This article will help you to learn the most effective and easiest way to do a foot spa in home and save a handful of bucks.
In a foot spa, the vital ingredient is the essential oils – when you do it at home just select the oil of your preference like lemon oil, jasmine oil, peppermint oil, lavender oil, etc. These oils increases blood circulation, enhances vitality and calms the tired feet. The soothing and relaxing feeling during soot spa comes from these oils. However, they can also be substituted by Epsom salt/ sea salts added in the foot soak. For supple and smooth feet, add 3-4 teaspoon of milk powder and almond oil in the water.
Things you Need to do Foot Spa at Home
- A tub of lukewarm water
- Essential oil of your choice / Epsom salt-1/2 cup
- Foot wash or mild shampoo
- 3-4 teaspoon Almond oil
- Foot scrub or pumice stone
- Nail cutter, filer, and nail polish remover
- Cuticle cream
- Foot cream
Step by Step Method for Foot Spa at Home
1. Firstly, take hold of your nails – remove the nail colour with the remover, cut and trim the nails of the toes in the shape and size you want. Be careful and see they don’t get too short.
2. Then apply the cuticle cream and massage well; the massage should be in backwards strokes to push back the darkened and protruding cuticles. Now file your nails and get them in shape.
3. Now, its soaking time – add few drops of the essential oil in the lukewarm foot soak water OR 3 teaspoon of the almond oil and ½ cup of Epsom salt to do the same job. Finally add few drops of shampoo in the water and soak your feet for about 10-15 minutes.
4. Keep the feet relaxed and clean the nooks and corners with your fingers. The salt is a natural emollient that will reduce the fatigue and pain of the feet. In this way your feet also gets the much needed exfoliation to remove the dead cells and dirt. Now pat them dry with towel.
5. Get ready to exfoliate the rough skin cells on your feet. Take a pumice stone or foot file and gently rub in circular motions on the ankles, heels and sides of the feet. After you see the dirt loosens off, dip your feet again in the water and repeat the same for the other foot.
6. After drying your feet well, take a foot massage cream and keep massaging your feet for about 6 minutes until its well moisturised. Now make homemade massage oil for your feet’s special ‘spa’ massage. You can take any of those essential oils and mix with 10 drops of almond oil to get perfect and natural foot spa oil. Massage this oil for around 5 minutes up to the knee in circular motions.
7. To get best results foot spa at home is recommended atleast twice a month.
Photo Credit By: snowwhiteandbeauty.blogspot.in