Sweaty palms or hands are not just an embarrassing condition that prevents you from shaking hands with others, but they are actual medical condition called palmar hyperhidrosis, that has no complete or permanent cure.
Sweaty palms are thought to be caused by an overactive sympathetic nervous system and may be exacerbated by being in situations that cause a person to get nervous. The following treatments could be tried out:
- Anti stress medication could be prescribed if the condition is stress related or psychological in nature.
- Certain topical treatments with active ingredients such as Tannic acid solution, Formalin solution, Aluminum hexahydrate in alcohol or Glutaraldehyde solution may be prescribed by a doctor as may be appropriate.
- There is also a surgical option for people who suffer excessively from this condition. This involves a removal of the sweat glands.
- Certain electronic devices can also help with the condition.
- Botox is also sometimes seen to help.
- Oral medications also may help with the condition.
- Herbal medications and alternative therapies such as biofeedback and acupuncture may also be tried.
Out of all these methods, the only really effective and permanent solution for serious cases is surgery. All else may be ineffective or temporarily effective.