Ever thought you could take your favorite beverage and your favorite pastime and recycle at the same time?
Here we are going to tell you how to re-use your tea bags to formulate an at-home do-it-yourself beauty product.
- After using your black tea bag to make tea, press your lips against it. With a puckering motion press your lips around the tea bag for about five seconds and release. Black tea has a tannic acid in it that has been proven to increase moisture levels in your lips. This will serve as a chapstick plus lip gloss!
- After using your tea bags for tea place them in the refrigerator. After several hours or days take them out and place them over your eyes while lying down. The tea bags will reduce puffiness and decrease dark circles under your eyes!
- Place several used black tea bags in a large Tupperware container and fill with water to your liking can be cool or hot. Soak your feet in the water for several minutes. Black tea bags have been known to take away odor from feet.
- Some people put several used tea bags on their head and cover with a shower cap. Tea bags have been known to change dirty blond hair to a pretty caramel color or add auburn or caramel shades to darker hair.
Another kind of tea called Rooibos tea which is more commonly found as loose leaf, has beauty benefits as well.
- Rooibos tea can be used to slow the aging process when placed directly on the skin. Rooibos tea can also be used to treat eczema which is a skin irritation.
- It can make you look healthier and more beautiful because it has many minerals and nutritional value as it contains iron, calcium, fluoride, copper, potassium and alpha-hydroxy acid which is great for your skin.