If you are a big fan of cosmetics, then you’ve probably heard of organic makeup.
They are becoming very popular as more makeup enthusiasts turn to more natural ingredients just like those found in organic makeup.
Organic makeup refers to cosmetics which are produced from plants, plant extracts, natural oils, and mineral pigments to give the skin color and a natural healthy glow.
As compared to commercially produced makeup today which contains harmful ingredients such as a cocktail of chemicals, fragrances, and synthetic colors that can harm one’s skin, organic makeup is a healthy and safe alternative to enhancing beauty.
Before you think that this is just another beauty fad, read up on its benefits:
The benefits of using organic makeup
- It comes in a range of textures and colors that will give commercially produced cosmetics a run for their money. You can still find organic makeup products that come in a rainbow of colors to suit your needs and can produce the same effect as commercially produced cosmetics.
- Organic makeup caters to your every budget. From inexpensive to luxurious, you will surely be able to find a brand that suits you.
- You can easily purchase products you want to try without worrying about allergic reactions or skin irritations. It is especially recommended for those who have sensitive skin.
- Because of their ingredients, organic makeup will also moisturize your skin as you wear it to beautify and enhance your features. It’s packed with healthy agents that are beneficial to your skin in more ways than one.
- If you can’t find the reason why you break out in pimples, have very dry sensitive skin, constantly chapped lips despite regular application of lip balm, you may want to research on the ingredients of the makeup you are using. Naturally produced makeup wouldn’t have side effects such as these. You can easily and slowly make the switch to organic products, and choose from a vast range to complement your needs. You can even find organically produced body lotion, lip balm, facial masks, shower, conditioner, body wash, and more.
- Research has also shown that when once people have switched to organic makeup, some inexplicable allergies have disappeared. It is in cases such as these that we find many benefits of organic makeup.
You might be shocked to know that the lipstick and makeup you are using contain a number of harmful chemicals that are hidden in ingredient names, but actually contain:
Awareness should be your first step when shopping around for good organic makeup. Be wary of labels and ingredients used, you may also want to research online for FDA approved organic brands of makeup.
Although you may not be feeling the effects of consuming the harmful chemicals found in your makeup, they may have drastic effects in the long run.
Large majority of today’s lipsticks from many popular brands contain lead, something which can drastically have an effect on mental and nervous health.
It is also common that young children are fond of trying out lipsticks, and you sure don’t want your daughter to be consuming toxic substances through lipstick.