Mother’s day is in just a few days, which is April 3 (though there are divergent views here, some celebrate mother’s day in May). So if you plan to have something nice to gift your mother this mother’s day, read on to see what Vogue recommends.
1. Flower water that can be used as a fragrant facial toner or just to spritz the skin. It can also be sprayed on to linen.
2. Gift her a relaxing few hours at a spa or a beauty treatment that will make her feel pampered and pretty and cosseted.
Pick from a massage treatment, or a medical pedicure or luxurious manicure, fish therapy exfoliation, foot acupuncture and so on. Any treatment to make a feel special and relaxed will do.
3. Scented candles can be a great idea for moms.
4. Treat your mom to some cosmetics from Mac’s new Wonder Woman makeup range, a salute to all the wonder woman moms out there, and a message to your mom the wonder woman as well.
5. Anti-aging cosmetics such as a firming serum to diminish lines and visible signs of aging. A formulation created especially for mature skin should do well.
6. Aromatherapy cosmetics – bath oils, shower gels, moisturizers, etc. that are based on aromatherapy principles are also a great idea to make a mother feel special.
7. Drawer liners to keep her drawers smelling dewy fresh.
Other gifts for mother’s day can include out of the box ideas such as gifting her a gym membership or signing her up for a yoga or Pilates class. She may not make the effort to get active and healthy by herself and this may be just the little nudge in the right direction that she may need.