It is a secret that many in the world of beauty guard jealously and closely. It is an ingredient that is to be found in high end cosmetics. And all of us can find it at arms’ reach; in our very own medicine cabinets! Its aspirin – that can be a simple, cheap, and effective solution for a number of skin problems.
While aspirin is known to produce a number of health benefits when taken regularly, including keep heart disease in check and even keeping dementia and cancer at bay, it is also great for the skin.
It contains acetylsalicylic acid, which is also good for the skin can help to reduce acne breakouts and blocked pores.
Aspirin masks are good and can help for the following reasons.
- Aspirin contains some of the same ingredients that a number of skin care formulations also contain and its active ingredients are have anti inflammatory properties which can help to reduce oiliness. This in turn helps unclog blocked pores that are the root cause of blackheads and pimples.
- Aspirin contains, in addition, ingredients such as acetyl-salicylic acid AKA Beta Hydroxy Acid, which are probably familiar sounding for a lot of us, since they are to be found in the ingredients list of anti aging creams and the like.
- An aspirin face mask can help to slough off dead skin cells which are also helpful in revealing fresh, new cells underneath. In this way, an aspirin mask can also help to exfoliate skin effectively, when washing off the mask, it can be worked into the skin like a scrub for great results.
- For those people with open pores, an aspirin mask is seen to work really well as also those with very oily skin.
- Since aspirin has anti inflammatory properties, a mask made from aspirin also helps reduce appearance of scars and blemishes left behind by pimples and acne.
You can buy specially formulated aspirin masks or you can quite easily prepare one at home and use it by crushing a few uncoated aspirin tablets. Be sure to use uncoated aspirins, which will easily and instantly dissolve in water. The other coated kind will have to be crushed before they will dissolve.