In most warm-climate cultures the art of applying some glitter to the body has been admired greatly. While some people believe in highlighting the eyes and its contours with sheen and shimmer, the truth is that you could use these all over your body. There are various occasions where you could decide to shine with the glittering makeup.
When and where?
- Parties: Evening galas and parties are the obvious choice when it comes to shining. Why should you just wear a dazzling dress when you could have a shimmering makeup as well!
- Beaches and pool parties also call for the sheen. Sizzle the sand and the pool with glitter all over you well toned body. Let your bikini accentuate your look. The sun will only aid you in looking gorgeous and will help the glitter particles to come to life.
- Even in offices you can try to use the sheen but in a controlled fashion. Choose colors like brown and nude to add a subtle amount of oomph to your look.
- Summers are incomplete without barbeques and these gatherings do not seem complete unless you are wearing your halter summer dress. Jazz it up by applying some sheen all over your back and neckline. You will not need accessories!
What to use?
- There are body lotions in the form of moisturizers and sun tan lotion that come with glitter particles. All you need to do is apply the lotion evenly all over your body.
- You can also use the shimmer powder that are laden with natural minerals. Just dab the powder with a puff all over your body.
- Eye makeup in the form of eye shadow, blush and highlighters come with shimmer. Adjust the amount to get the desired look. If you want to stand out then instead of going for the subtle shimmer go for the pronounced glitter that can be spotted even from a distance.
Tips to use it
- Decide your look and adjust the sheen on you. If you are wearing a shiny dress keep the shimmer on your body dim. Tune up the shimmer to a glitter if your dress is plain.
- Use the sheen as per your skin tone.
- On a summer day apply anti body clogging lotion to let your skin breathe and then apply the shimmer on yourself.
- Use odor free and tested glitter for your skin safety.
- Do not apply glitter on broken skin or rashes.
Photo Credit By: eyeshadowlipstick.com