Do you like to improve your skin tone and want your skin to glow with youthfulness and vitality?
Alpha hydroxy acids are the main key ingredients which can mainly help in improving the firmness of your skin.
These acids can help in improving your skin tone by penetrating into your skin and removes the dead cells from your skin thus revealing a fresh and new look to your skin.
Alpha hydroxy acids (AHA’s) are naturally derived from sugars in particular plants, fruits and also from milk sugars. The most commonly used derivatives of alpha hydroxy acids are glycolic and lactic acids, which have a special ability to penetrate through your skin.
Most of the manufacturers of skin care products use alpha hydroxy acids and also certain types of these acids for producing a good skin care product. These certain important types of alpha hydroxy acids include:
- Glycolic acids: Derived from sugar cane
- Lactic acid: Usually extracted from milk and products of milk
- Malic acid: The major sources for this type of AHA are apples and pears
- Citric acid: As we all know the main sources for citric acid include lemon and oranges
- Tartaric acid: Grapes are the major sources for this type of alpha hydroxy acid
5 most important guidelines for choosing a better product of alpha hydroxy acid:
Alpha hydroxy acids are found in many skin care products. These skin care products can include moisturizers, foundation creams, sunscreen lotions and also in most of the eye creams. Some of the important guidelines which can be useful for you to choose a better AHA product include:
- It is always preferred to pick a product with perfect formulation of alpha hydroxy acid which can be used as an exfoliant to your skin and then choose another cosmetic which doesn’t contain these acids to reduce the irritation of your skin.
- Using moisturizer bases made with alpha hydroxy acids can be the best combination of using products.
- Cleansers containing alpha hydroxy acids must not be used. AHA can show better results only if they get absorbed into your skin. But, skin cleansers are washed off before they get absorbed into your skin.
- Till now, any product that can combine AHA with a sunscreen is not discovered. This is because the sunscreens which are available in the market do not contain with the required pH that can make alpha hydroxy acid more effective.
- If you are using any AHA product, then it is very essential for you to use a sunscreen lotion with an SPF ranging 15 for UVB protection. For better UVA protection, the sunscreen which you use must contain titanium dioxide, avobenzone or zinc oxide.
- Alpha hydroxy acids can show better results if they are used with a concentration of 5% to 8% and also a pH level ranging from 3 to 4.