Petroleum jelly is a translucent jelly that is made of a mixture of hydrocarbons and its main usage is as a lubricant or ointment. Petroleum jelly is so very versatile that it can be used to stop bleeding, for preventing diaper rash and many other uses but quite unknown to many there are ample beauty uses of it as well.
It can actually cure myriad ailments including nosebleeds, toenail fungus, genital rashes (non-STD), and even chest colds. Owing to its high medical value, it is known as a “cure-all” product. Below given are the ways in which you can include petroleum jelly in your beauty regime:
- As a lip balm it moisturises, smoothens and softens your lips and is recommended to be applied at night for soft lips the next morning.
- The old lipsticks can be transformed into glosses by mixing the remnants with a dab of jelly and they are good at sheering out the red lipsticks to give a lip stain effect.
- If you want to exfoliate your lips apply petroleum jelly with a toothbrush on your lips and they get super moisturized.
- You can moisturise your eyelids by applying a thin coat of petroleum jelly at bed time. It is also very beneficial when you are lazy to take off the eye makeup and want to protect the delicate skin around the eye area.
- If you have unruly eyebrows apply a thin layer of this jelly and comb it lightly. It acts almost like a brow gel.
- You can make a face cream by slightly warming the jelly by microwaving it for 10 seconds and then use it every night before sleeping.
- To give your brows and cheek bones fresh and dewy looks apply this jelly may be with a dash of lipstick to acquire that natural flush.
Hands and Feet
- When you apply some jelly on the fingernails, it maintains the softness of the cuticles and stays resilient. A little bit of it on the base of your nail will stop the polish from getting onto the skin.
- When you put petroleum jelly on your hands and then put on a pair of gloves the moisture retention is maintained and gets soaked into the skin overnight.
- Similarly to avoid the dryness of the foot do the same for your feet and cover with socks overnight to get soft and smooth toes.
- To get that sleek and polished look, use a dab of this jelly on your ponytail to slick the back stray hair.
- If you apply a little bit of it at the ends of the hair, the split ends can be hid perfectly, but remember not to overdo it.
Some more Uses
- If you apply a thin layer on the pulse points before applying fragrance, it lasts longer and while using expensive perfumes a little bit of the spray can be used to last for a long time.
- The petroleum jelly is also used as a body moisturizer if you apply it on the dry patches of your body like the elbows, heels and knees.
- It is also of tremendous help if you put it on as a moisturizer for freshly shaved legs instead of lotions. It is a non-irritant and also gives that silky look.
- You can also apply a little bit of it on your teeth to give that smile an extra edge. Smearing a little bit of it on the teeth also prevents the lipstick from sticking to them.
- Rubbing a little bit of it on old nail polish gives that new look.