Check out these 5 skin care myths that could actually be causing you to make the sort of mistakes that age you –
1. Skin Should feel tight after washing – If it does feel tight, your face is probably harsh and is drying your skin. This can trigger excess oil to be produced (triggering breakouts) and cause fine lines to appear.
2. Drug Store Products are not as good – It doesn’t matter whether the product is generic, or an expensive brand; it’s the ingredients that are important.
Look out for ingredients such as peptides, antioxidants, retinoids, alpha hydroxy acids, green tea, vitamin C etc. within the top ten in the list of ingredients. Also look out for opaque packaging and airless pumps that keeps your fingers and oxygen out of the product.
3. Anti aging products make skin look worse – It is lasers and chemical peels which may cause redness and blotchiness in the skin. However topical creams do not.
4. After 40, sunscreen is no use – Not so. At age 40, the damage to the skin is only just beginning and it is important to continue using sunscreen.
5. If it doesn’t work right away, try something else – Stick with a product at least for a while to gauge its efficacy. Different products work differently on different kinds of skin.