The first noticeable feature in every woman is her face. As such, it is important to keep it fresh, clean and healthy using a cleansing facial product which suits you.
There is a wide variety of cleansing facial products available in the market, which makes it equally valuable to have a good working knowledge on how to take good care of your beautiful face.
Cleansing facial products are used to remove oil, dirt, make-up and dead skin cells. They help out in unclogging pores and prevent other skin problems like acne.
Most women use cleansing facial products together with a toner and moisturizer as a part of their daily skin care regimen.
Identify your skin type
Before choosing the right cleansing facial product, it is vital to identify your skin type.
Facial skin may be normal, oily, dry or a combination which means that it is normal with oily area in the forehead, nose and chin, which is commonly referred to as the T-zone.
Having this in mind, you can now choose the best cleansing facial product which will best work for your skin type and will give you the best result.
Kinds of cleansing facial products to choose from
- For oily skin, those with active cleansers are advisable. This prevents skin breakouts like pimples.
- For dry skin, a creamy-lotion kind of cleanser will best work for the face.
- For normal skin, choose the cleansers which retain your natural oil level.
- Cleansing creams are also ideal for dry skin and in removing make-up.
The common denominator for these cleansing facial products, is that it must be chemical free to avoid skin irritation and allergic responses.
You can always ask the assistant in your favorite beauty store or search the internet for these harmful chemicals.
It is also helpful to consult your Dermatologist if you are having skin problems and irritations to prevent further problems which can damage your beautiful face.
Facial cleansers vs. soap
Facial cleansers are often recommended than soap, soaps which are of the deodorant type contains harsh detergents and fragrance and are more suitable to the body.
Soaps usually have either a low or high pH which tends to change the pH balance in skin and may lead to skin problems like acne and other irritation.
Generally, soaps have thickeners which can clog pores, remove the face’s natural oils and correspondingly trigger acne. Knowing these, will make you realize that these soaps are not specifically formulated for facial cleansing.
Other cleansing facial tools
Aside from facial cleanser there are also tools to ensure a thorough facial cleansing and a good facial hygiene. Among them are:
- The Woven mesh is used to clean and exfoliate the facial skin. They are gentler and suits most skin types.
- Facial cloths help in releasing a foamy cleanser when wet. Its humectants and emollients components are helpful in decreasing the damage caused to the facial skin when it is being cleaned.
- Weave cloths which are loose and open exfoliates the skin and it is particularly helpful to those who have sensitive skin. Tight or closed weave cloths, on the other hand are suggested for those who have oily skin.
- Cleansing pouch are fiber cloths which helps in putting the right amount of facial cleanser to the face with its hole.