Maintaining a healthy and impressive skin is very essential to look good and gorgeous.
Skin care medication not only implies following certain medical prescriptions given by your dermatologist but also involves following certain essential tips to maintain healthy skin.
As skin is the most important organ of our body, it needs extreme care and attention.
Any adverse effects which occur in your body due to any kind of reasons like allergic reactions, mainly shows its effect on the skin. So, it is very essential for you to take care of your skin.
As your skin is exposed to very harmful and toxic environment, it is considered to be more prone to many kinds of allergies [Skin Allergy] and skin diseases. Skin care medications which are used to treat these innumerable skin conditions are categorized into topical and oral medications.
Certain topical skin care medications which are commonly used include:
- Anti bacterial medications: These types of skin care medications are very helpful in treating infections caused due to certain types of bacteria and also very helpful in preventing certain bacterial infections. Bacteroban or cleocin are some of the medicines prescribed for bacterial infections.
- Anthralin: These medicines are very helpful in reducing the skin inflammations and they are very useful to treat psoriasis. But, this anthralin is not used more often.
- Antifungal drugs: Ringworm and athlete’s foot are mainly treated with these antifungal agents. Few examples for these types of commonly used topical skin care medications include nizoral, lotrimin and also lamisil.
- Benzoyl peroxide: Several acne conditions are mainly treated using creams and certain other products of benzoyl peroxide.
- Retinoids: Retinoid skin care medications such as retin-A and tazorac are usually available in the form of gels and creams. These medications are mainly derived from vitamin-A, an essential vitamin for skin. They are also very helpful in treating acne problems.
- Salicylic acid: It is usually available in the form of shampoo, soaps, lotions and also gels. These salicylic acid skin care medications can be toxic if used in excess, so try to use them in prescribed amounts. It is mainly used to treat warts and acne.
Some of the common oral skin care medications:
- Antiviral drugs: These drugs are mainly used to treat certain skin conditions, which are mainly caused due to virus including those which are related to herpes. Commonly used antiviral agents include valtrex and famvir.
- Biologics: These are the latest methods in skin care medications which are mainly employed to treat psoriasis and certain other skin diseases.
- Immunosuppressants: These types of skin care medications like azathioprine and methotrexate can be commonly used to treat several skin inflammations including eczema [Eczema Treatment] and psoriasis.