Do you take proper care of your skin? Your skin needs to be cleansed and nourished regularly to keep it healthy and glowing.
Most of the skin care products contain harmful chemicals that can certainly damage your skin. So, it is always better for you to go natural as far as skin care is concerned.
Essential oils can work effectively in your skin care regimen because they are quite gentle and doesn’t include any harmful chemicals that hurt texture of your skin.
Besides their effective cleansing properties, these essential oils also have natural healing properties that can help to solve your skin problems.
Your skin easily absorbs essential oils and they are particularly useful for treating wide range of skin problems. There are wide varieties of essential oils available for your skin care. Some of the most effective essential oils mainly include:
- Sandalwood: This is very useful in acne treatment and other skin infections. It is considered as most powerful anti-bacterial and anti-fungal agent. You can use it in any clay based facial mask. Here is a simple recipe of clay based mask for your face. Take 1 teaspoon full of betonite clay, ½ teaspoon apple cider vinegar and 5 drops of sandalwood oil. Mix all the ingredients well to make consistent paste and apply it to your face and neck. Let it dry for 5 minutes and rinse it off.
- Tea tree oil: Tea tree oil is best suited for spots on your face. It clears the pimples on your face within a day or two. As it contains effective anti-inflammatory and anti-microbial properties, it prevents the reoccurrence of pimples.
- Ylang-Ylang: It is an exotic essential oil that can be used to regulate the production of sebum on your skin. Add 2 or 3 drops of Ylang-Ylang oil on a clean cotton ball and apply it on affected areas of your skin. Tea tree oil mainly regulates sebum production, so you can also use it for your dry skin.
- Safflower oil: It is a good choice of oil for your skin because it is a rich source of fatty acids that your body needs for producing healthy cells. These fatty acids take care of the protective function of your skin cell membrane and help to retain moisture from your body.
- Lavender oil: This is a wonderful essential oil that can be used for your skin care. It is very useful in the treatment of wounds, burns on your skin. Lavender does a wonderful work at balancing the oil production on your skin and also clears all sorts of imperfections present on your skin.
If you want to go natural with your skin care, you can use these essential oils. Tea tree oil, lavender, Ylang-Ylang essential oils can be used for all types of skin. However, to be on safe side, it is always recommended to consult a dermatologist and take necessary advice to use essential oils.