There are a number of reasons for the current trend of people turning away from anti aging surgical procedures in favor of less invasive skin care treatments.
Cosmetic and plastic surgeries such as face lifts are a no-no for many because of higher costs, the risk of infection and other complications and also due to lengthy recovery times associated with them.
There are now more options of less invasive treatments available that are accessible to more people such as –
- Botox is probably the most popular, where injections of botulinum toxin type A are administered to smooth lines; particularly on the forehead and brow.
- Juvederm and Restylane are new dermal fillers that help to smooth fine lines around the lips and mouth.
- Fat is often taken from other sites on the body and injected into the face to plump up the skin.
- Laser treatments can get rid of scars and age spots.
- Chemical peels help to renew skin by improving the tone and texture.
Though some of these treatments offer benefits that may be short lived; the benefits of these treatments are several – they cost a fraction of what surgeries may cost, they can be done in as little as an hour and they can postpone the need to have any cosmetic surgery by 10 to 20 years.