Have you ever examined the ingredients list on your regular skin care products? Most of the skin care products that you buy contain harmful chemicals.
These chemicals not only harm your skin, they can also have very bad impact on your health.
Most of the ingredients used in skin care products are actually petroleum by-products and also explosive solvents, carcinogens that can affect your long-term health.
They are mainly used by many cosmetic industries because they are cheap and can be easily stored in shelves for many days.
Here is the list of chemicals that you should avoid in your regular skin care products.
If you don’t want to aggravate your skin and want to protect your health from many complications, avoid these chemicals.
- Mineral oil: This is a petroleum by-product and usually used in manufacturing moisturizers. It makes your skin feel smooth, but after using, it leaves a feeling of oiliness on your skin. If you have oily skin, avoid using this particular ingredient to prevent acne breakouts.
- Sodium lauryl sulfate: This detergent is usually found in shampoos and cleansers. Short time contact with this particular chemical is relatively safe, but prolonged exposure can cause skin irritation, dryness and other damages.
- Paraben preservatives: These chemicals are widely used in deodorants, cosmetics, baby and skin care products to prolong their shelf life. Parabens are highly toxic and potentially trigger various allergic reactions and rashes on your skin. Researchers have found that high concentrations of parabens are mainly responsible to cause breast tumors.
- Talc: This is the soft mineral found in many talcum and cosmetic powders. Many studies have shown that routine use of this talcum powder in genital parts can possibly increase the risk of ovarian cancer in women.
- Lanolin: This synthetic ingredient is originated from sheep wool and also widely used in many skin care products. It contains many carcinogens and it has been found that this chemical causes many kinds of skin allergies and also acne.
- Artificial fragrance: Artificial fragrances used in many perfumes and deodorants can make your skin sensitive. So, prefer natural fragrances that can be less harmful for your skin.
- Polyethylene glycol: This chemical is used as thickener in skin care products. It mainly interfere with your skin’s natural moisture balance and increases skin aging process, leaving vulnerable bacteria on your skin.
- Phenol: It is also known as carbolic acid, widely used in the manufacturing of creams and lotions. Ingestion of small amounts of phenol can cause nausea, vomiting, convulsions, paralysis and also coma.
These are some of the most harmful chemicals used in many skin care products. Make a habit of checking the ingredients list before you buy any skin care product.
Always keep this list with you while purchasing skin care products and avoid all those products that contain harmful chemicals.