As the name suggests, rose water is made of roses or rose petals. It is also the water which is scented with the essence of rose petals. Now coming to its uses, the rose water is used for various purposes such as cooking, medicine, etc. However, the most important contribution of rose water lies in taking care of your skin. And this article will focus on this very topic of skin care using rose water.
Rose water, perfect solution for your skin
The main purpose of rose water is to make your skin healthy and smooth just like the rose petals. Now, let’s check the list of benefits and uses of this product.
- Anti-bacterial– Rose petals have anti-bacterial properties, and hence it is good for healing the ugly acne/pimple scars on your face.
- Hydrating– This property of rose water ensures that the dry cells on your skin are hydrated, which in turn contributes to a softer and glowing skin.
- Aroma– Rose water bears the beautiful aroma of roses. Hence, applying the water will help you smell fresh and delicious. It will also freshen your receptors.
- Anti-ageing– Rosewater has the ability to make your skin look younger by hydrating and reducing the wrinkles on your face.
- Anti-dandruff– Getting acne on your face, neck, and shoulders can be a result of dandruff. Rose water’s nourishing skill can help you keep dandruff at bay. It also works as an excellent conditioner for your hair.
- Soothe eyes– Rose water can soothe sore/puffy eyes just by dabbing a bit around the eyelids. It also works to subdue inflammations on your skin.
- Toner– It can be used as a toner after facial scrubs to close your pores and soothe your irritated skin.
- Makeup remover– Instead of make-up removal products that contain harsh chemicals, you can simply use rose water to remove your make-up. It will not only remove your make-up but also rejuvenate your skin and leave you feeling fresh.
Make rose water at home!
Rose water is readily available in the market. But considering the cheap business dealers nowadays, you can never be sure of the effectiveness of the product. Hence, you should better prepare the rose water in your home.
To prepare the rose water, you would need rose petals, ice, and water. First, place a pot of water on the stove, and then place a smaller bowl inside the pot using a stand or some similar substitute. Make sure that the bottom of the bowl just touches the surface of the water. Once checked, put the rose petals into the small bowl and add some water to cover the petals. Then cover the small bowl with a lid. When the water starts to boil, place ice cubes on top of the lid. Now you have made your own distillation machine!
You can now have healthy and glowing skin without expending much. Use rose water to cleanse your face every day and enjoy the many benefits it brings to your skin.