Most of the people these days are sleep deprived, due to work, stress or habits. Most of them are good to go without sleep or with just very few hours of sleep every day. But dark circles are something that nobody can avoid. One day you go without sleep and bam! They make you look so dull.
Of course, fatigue is not the only reason. There are few other reasons as well, for dark circles to appear. Your lifestyle is the major reason. It’s sure that you are gonna stress out if you spend whole night over your computer watching movies, or looking for a perfect dress online to wear for the weekend party. They might also hit you due to genetic flaws, ageing and some medical disorders like hyper-pigmentation, low levels of hemoglobin and damage of blood vessels. Less intake of water being another reason for having dark circles under the eyes.
What makes Dark Circles appear?
The science is always present behind the facts. We need to know what lets our body to show dark circles around our eyes. We see some dark pigmentation around our eyes and then we say we have dark circles. They ‘dark’ is generally blue. And the reason behind it is that out of the visible lights, only blue and violet can pass through our skin and the tissues inside our body, the reason why blood vessels appear blue. A chemical, cortisol helps you to stay awake and besides that, it increases blood level in the body. The skin around our eyes being very thin as compared to rest of the body, allows the light to reflect very easily. Thus, it makes dark circles to appear around our eyes.
It is very common among people and generally the dark circles are periodical. Sometimes it is not even a matter of concern. Just a proper amount of sleep and good diet, and they’ll be vanished. But there are times when you need to do something about it. There are multiple ways of getting rid with these dark circles. We’ll see next how we can use essential oil for this purpose. There are some other serious cases also, when dark circles don’t go easily. They might be a symptom of a medical disorder then, you need to see a doc in that case.
Oils used to avoid Dark Circles:
- Lavender oil. It helps to avoid irritation of the skin and soothes the area under your eyes when applied. Its diuretic property helps to remove excess fluid from body and thus cleans up the blood.
- Rose and Sandalwood oils. They both are great in moisturizing the skin. They treat the dark circles by keeping the skin hydrated and rejuvenating it on regular applications.
About usage: mix the oils and then boil the mixture. Take it as steam.
- Witch Hazel oil. This is an anti-inflammatory agent due to presence of Chrysin. Use it on a regular basis and you get rid of puffy eyes.
To apply the Witch Hazel, take two cotton pieces and soak it with the oil. Keep the cottons over your eyes for 13-15 minutes. Wash your face after that.
- Almond oil. The Almond oil is really helpful in getting rid of dark circles because it contains three major ingredients. Palmatic acid, Retinol and Vitamin K. Out of these Palmatic acid and Retinol are natural moisturizers and they lighten the skin. Vitamin K helps the blood vessels to prevent blood clotting. Application of Almond oil over any area of the body increases blood circulation. Thus the oil lets you free of the dark circles and prevents them too. Apply some oil on the affected area every night before bed to reduce your dark circles.
- Eucalyptus oil. It also helps to avoid puffiness on the eyes. Thus preventing dark circles. It has to be used carefully at low levels. It may cause irritation to the skin if used in excess. You can mix the oil with another carrier oil to reduce the potency and apply the mixture. Don’t forget to wash your face before sleeping.
- Chamomile oil. This oil is a stress reliever. It helps you get a good sleep. You can either ingest eat in the form of herbs, say chamomile tea. It can also be applied directly to the skin.
It is evident as we can see multiple eye creams and other products that fight against Dark Circles; they contain one or more of these oils as major ingredients.
- Biotique Seaweed eye gel almond under eye cream
- Himalaya Herbals under eye cream
- Tvam olive and soya under eye cream
- Loreal white perfect magic white double whitening eye cream
- Forest Essentials Intensive Eye Cream With Anise
- Lotus Herbals Nutraeye Rejuvenating And Correcting Eye Gel
- VLCC Skin Defense Almond Under Eye Cream