Healthy and good looking skin shows that you’re healthy, from the inside out. What shows on the skin outside is a direct reflection of how healthy we are on the inside.
But this doesn’t mean you shouldn’t do additional effort to take care of your skin on the outside. There are just a few simple steps when it comes to taking care of your skin – washing, toning, and moisturizing.
However, most people overlook the importance of a skin toner. It’s not true that washing alone will remove excess oil, dirt, and bacteria, but this is why a skin toner is essential in your beauty routine.
It comes in lotion or liquid form known as astringent. When it comes to selecting the right type of skin toner, there are four basic rules to be followed:
- Stay away from alcohol-based toners, as this will dry up your skin.
- Choose a toner with a ph balance between 5 and 6.
- If you have dry or sensitive skin, stick with a skin toner that comes as a freshener or skin bracer type. An example of this would be rosewater.
- Use hypoallergenic skin toner that will avoid breakouts and is kinder to your skin.
If it’s your first time to shop for a toner, you might want to purchase small sizes first to test your skin’s reaction to various types of toners until you find the right one.
Here are some of the benefits of using a skin toner that you should know:
- They remove excess residue that your skin cleanser or soap has left behind. Furthermore, most soaps and cleansers also leave behind film or residue, so using a skin toner can also cleanse your facial skin of this. The use of a toner will also remove makeup residue, because washing with soap alone will not. If you leave these residues behind, they will build up and cause pimples, blackheads, and other bacterial infections that will show on your skin.
- The use of a skin toner will also improve the overall appearance of your skin by minimizing pores. Pores that are reduced in size will make your skin look brighter, fresher, and more radiant.
- Cleansing your skin alters your skin’s ph balance, and keeping them at a neutral level is crucial for healthy and good looking skin. This is also why it is recommended to purchase ph balanced skin toner; otherwise your skin can become irritated and dried out.
Once you have the right type of skin toner for your skin care needs, be sure to tone daily as well as the 2 other steps you need for healthy, clear skin.
There are many brands and types of skin toner on the market that will suit just about any budget you have, so you don’t have to worry. If you are unsure about your skin type, you can visit a dermatologist to help you pick the right product[skin care products].