You should take special care of your skin and hair while exposing yourself to the outside environment, otherwise they can easily damage.
Tips to take care of your skin from outside environment:
- Sunrays can cause premature aging of skin. UV light from sun breaks collagen and elastin, which are the building blocks of skin. Therefore, it can lead to sagging and wrinkling of skin [Treating aging].
- Apply sunscreen lotion whenever you go out in sun. Wear clothes that cover your skin, shoes that cover your feet and gloves that cover your hand totally to protect your skin from sun.
- If the outside air is dry, it can make your skin dry, flaky, rough and tight. Before going out, apply a good moisturizer to keep your skin moisturized.
- Air pollution can clog pores on your skin and increases bacteria on your face. It can lead to spots or acne. Therefore, it is important to cleanse your skin thoroughly to wash away dirt after coming home.
Tips to take care of your hair from outside environment:
- Whenever you go out, wear a hat or scarf to protect your hair from pollution.
- With increasing exposure to dirt, pollution, chemicals, dust and smoke, which tends to stick to your hair and scalp, you need to wash your hair frequently to maintain healthy hair.
- Shampooing your hair frequently does not damage the hair if you select a shampoo that contains pH-balanced cleansers. These cleansers does not strip natural oils from your hair and scalp.
- Conditioning is another important aspect to maintain healthy and beautiful look of hair. Conditioners improve the texture of your hair, restores hair’s elasticity and natural shine.
- Brushing your hair helps to massage the scalp and stimulate the sebum release. It protects your hair, resulting in a healthy and soft hair.
- To prevent hair dryness due to weather, massage your scalp with oil once a week.