There are loads of treatments available for betterment of one’s skin. From chemical treatments to home remedies, there are different treatments which serve different purposes. Getting rid of acne, marks and scars to getting a healthy and glowing skin, who doesn’t wish for it?
Though almost all of them are effective, they still have side effects. Therefore, before trying anything new for your skin you may have to think twice!
Now coming to waxing and Botox, are they good enough for your skin? Let’s see,
What is waxing?
Waxing is a type of semi permanent hair removal treatment which can last for up to 4 to 6 weeks. The process of waxing involves pulling out of hairs by their root, which also leaves the skin smooth along with getting rid of the unwanted hairs.
The benefit of body waxing is that when the hair grows back again, instead of being sharp and rough they grow softer & sporadically. This is unlike in the case of shaving, as shaving hardly trims the hair at the skin level which leads to thicker and faster unwanted hair growth.
If you want waxing to be totally effective then your hair must be at least quarter inch long, along with that it is easier to be done on clean skin on which you can see the effectiveness easily. So, you have to make sure your skin is free of oil or any residue before getting waxed. Furthermore, not only waxing is much more effective but also it can be used to remove unwanted hairs from most areas of the body along with your face.
Pros and Cons of Waxing:
- The results of waxing last longer than that of shaving. It is recommended to get waxed again after 4 to 5 weeks from last treatment.
- Waxing is perfect for the ladies who have a lot of facial hairs as you already know the disastrous results of bleaching them
- Waxing doesn’t make the hairs grow back with sharp ends instead it uproots the hair shaft
- Again, as compared to shaving waxing takes a lot less time and hence saves your shower time.
- The best benefit of getting waxed is that it prevents the growth of ingrown hairs
- Waxing can be performed at most of the body areas, bonus!
- While bleaching can results in spotting, and other techniques may not come with any guarantee but waxing is precise.
- Waxing can lead to damage of hair follicle which is not bad as every time you get waxed it will reduce the growth of unwanted hair and eventually you may get totally hair free!
- Waxing is very economical and inexpensive. Unlike shaving which is equally economical but not as much effective.
- Waxing can exfoliate your skin and help you to get rid of dead cells in the process
- It can be painful but you will get used to it soon.
- If the process is carried out in a wrong manner then it can cause skin irritation, burns, discoloration, infections, etc
- If waxing process fails then the ingrown hair will lead to white heads along with puss filled boils.
- Your skin may turn sensitive for a few hours after waxing.
What is Botox?
Botox is derived from a bacterium named Clostridium Botulinum which can be found in natural environments such as soil, lakes, forests, etc. Other than natural environments, it is also found in the intestinal tracts of mammals, Gills of fishes, organs of crab and other sea fish or shellfishes. Furthermore, these types of presence of this bacteria & spores are totally harmless. But it can cause a problem when these spores start transforming into vegetative cells which eventually leads to increase in the cell population.
Pros and Cons:
- As it is a temporary treatment you can consider getting first shot and later you can decide whether you want to continue or stop
- If you stop your treatment after the first few shots then you can get your skin return to its original shape by time.
- The results of Botox can be real quick or instant, but in some cases it might take a couple of days to see the effectiveness.
- In some cases the results can be seen within a few hours which beat all other treatments.
- Not only Botox helps you to get rid of wrinkles but also the unwanted lines caused by a few facial expressions.
- There are very few health risks of Botox and makes the procedure safer.
- As it is a temporary solution, you may have to take regular shots from time to time
- Some cases have been reported of allergic reactions to Botox
- Botox is a lot more expensive as the average cost of a single shot/ botox injection is $466 and also varies depending upon your location
- Possible side effects include headache, dysphasia, neck pain, nausea, bruises, soreness, etc.