There are various types of skin diseases. Atopic dermatitis is one type of skin disease. It is also known as atopic eczema.
Atopic dermatitis is a chronic disease that targets your skin. The meaning of dermatitis is inflammation in the skin.
Atopic dermatitis occurs mainly because of heredity.
If your family members have this disease, then there are more chances of getting this disease to you. This atopic dermatitis will be mostly seen in young children and infants. Adults also will get this disease, but the chances of getting this will be less in adults.
This atopic dermatitis has two periods namely, period of flares and period of remissions. Period of flares is defined as the period of time in which the disease will get worse. Period of remissions is the period in which the skin become clear and improvement in the skin will be seen.
The symptoms of atopic dermatitis are:
- You will have itchy blisters on your skin, if you have this disease.
- You will have the feeling of lot of itching on your skin.
- You can observe the redness on your skin.
- Your skin will become dry and flaky.
- You will have high inflammation on your skin.
- Your skin will be thickened and rough.
Other than heredity, stress, usage of allergens and foods will also cause this atopic dermatitis. You should avoid taking the possible allergens that causes this dermatitis.
Most probably the common list of allergens will be your clothes, dust mites [Dust Mite Allergy], stress working environment, heat and some foods that you ate.
Identification of atopic dermatitis:
You cannot identify this disease easily. You should go for allergy test if you feel that you have the symptoms of this disease. The test will give you the clear report of your disease.
Another method is elimination method. This is the method in which you have to eliminate the possible allergens that you feel itchy.
Steps that you should follow to reduce atopic dermatitis:
- You should avoid stress of your work.
- You should not stay in hot environment that makes you to feel sweat.
- Soaps and shampoos may also cause this atopic dermatitis. So, you should be choosy while selecting your soaps and shampoos.
- You should use the soaps which are prepared with natural herbs.
- You should change your lifestyle and living habits to reduce the flare ups or marks which are formed during atopic dermatitis.
- The most common treatment for this atopic dermatitis includes the application of lotions, ointments and creams to keep your skin moist.
- You can also control the inflammation on your skin by using immunosuppressant medicines. These medicines will control the inflammation on your skin.
- Using Gamolenic acid is also one of the best remedy of reducing atopic dermatitis. This will increase the level of fatty acids in your body. These fatty acids will be helpful in reducing this disease.
By following the above tips, you can reduce your atopic dermatitis easily.