Are you suffering with blemished skin with open sores? Then it can be a skin ulcer.
Most of the people with skin ulcers often suffer from reddened skin with a painful itching.
If the ulcer is in advanced stage, then you can suffer from open skin with fluid oozing out of the inflammation.
Skin ulcers can be mostly seen in people who have problems with blood circulation and also in people who are more allergic towards corrosive materials. Over exposure of your skin towards extreme hot or extreme cold conditions can also cause skin ulcers.
Pressure ulcers are one of the most common types of skin ulcers which are mainly caused due to prolonged pressure in particular areas of skin. These types of ulcers are also known as decubitis ulcers or simply bed sores.
This type of skin ulcers mainly develops due to reduced blood circulation in particular areas of the body due to excess pressure.
Certain peculiar cases of skin ulcers can lead to serious health consequences. Some of the other health conditions which can cause skin ulcers include diabetes, any kind of skin allergies, mouth ulcers and peripheral vascular disease and also chronic venous insufficiency.
Your diet shows a significant affect on skin ulcers:
Lower nutritious diet is the main cause for all the adverse health conditions. The diet which you take daily plays an important key role to maintain good health. Deficiency in nutritious diet can hinder the ability of your body in healing skin ulcers.
A recent study has proven that patients who are maintaining a balanced nutritious diet are experiencing enhanced results in healing of skin ulcers when compared with the people who are taking low protein diet. A balanced nutritious diet is very essential for you in order to reduce the risk of skin ulcers.
Certain essential tips in healing skin ulcers:
- Daily intake of antioxidant vitamins such as vitamin-C, vitamin-E and also glutathione are very useful for you to increase the ability of your body to heal skin ulcers.
- Pressure ulcers are mainly caused due to lower blood levels of zinc and iron minerals. So try to increase the levels of zinc and iron minerals in your regular diet to avoid bed sores.
- Aloe vera and Gotu kola (centella asiatica) are two important herbs which plays a major role in healing process of skin ulcers.
- When you are suffering with oozing fluids on your skin, make sure to keep the wound clean and try to avoid further infections.
- Drink plenty of fluids and follow a proper diet, including more fruits and vegetables in your regular diet.
- Exercise regularly so that your blood circulation can be improved and helps you in reducing the risks of infections.
- Last but not the least is, it is very important for you to take medical advice before following any medications or precautionary measures. Don’t take your own decisions in using any medicines; seeking medical attention is always preferable.