When you are pregnant, your body will experience many changes like hormonal changes, certain changes in your skin and also blood pressure changes.
Skin disorders or changes in the texture of skin are the most common changes experienced by every female during pregnancy.
Eczema is a skin inflammation which is mainly caused when your skin comes in contact with certain types of allergens to which your skin is sensitive and can lead to several allergic reactions.
These allergens could be soaps, creams, jewelry, clothing, bacteria and it can also be caused due to excess emotional or mental stress.
The changes in the body functions during pregnancy can vary from one woman to other. If you have eczema before pregnancy, then the risk of this skin inflammation to become worse can be high for you; while for the other woman suffering with the same skin disorder, can be at lower risks of this problem or some times the inflammation can be vanished permanently during pregnancy.
Certain important guidelines which you need to follow during pregnancy.
When you are pregnant, it is very essential for you to take care of your health and your skin also needs extreme care and concern. Some of the tips which can help you in treating certain skin disorders which you would experience during pregnancy include:
- If you are following any eczema medication before you are pregnant, then it is very essential for you to consult a dermatologist and seek his advice to continue the usage of those medications.
- Try to communicate with your dermatologist openly without any hesitation. If you communicate openly, then it will be easier for your doctor to treat the inflammation and you can receive better solution for your problem. It is very essential to treat every skin inflammation properly during pregnancy.
- Herbal and natural remedies are always helpful in treating every kind of skin ailments and also other diseases. But it is always recommended for you to seek medical advice before going for a new treatment whether it could be a natural or synthetic.
- Try to avoid hot water, as it can make your skin drier. Dry and irritated skin can improve the skin inflammation and worsens the condition of eczema.
- Take short showers with lukewarm water and don’t forget to apply skin moisturizer immediately after taking bath.
- Try to choose gentle cleansers with less fragrance and other chemicals.
- Don’t use any wash cloths or mesh sponges to wash your skin. It is always recommended to use your finger tips for washing your skin.
- Try to reduce the stress by finding different ways to unwind it. Stress plays an important role in the development of your unborn baby and also aggravates your eczema. So it is very important for a pregnant woman to get relieved from stress.
- Try to identify your triggers, which are responsible for the flare ups of eczema and follow necessary steps to avoid them.