Eczema is a common skin trouble which has common appearances like redness, itching, swelling, flaking, crusting, blistering and dryness. The skin deformities may hamper the sleep of the patients as well. Antibiotics and topical creams only provide temporary relief from the symptoms of eczema. Besides these medicines and steroids cause a lot of side effects that cause lower immunity and susceptible to various other infections.
Some of the causes for eczema are attributed to things such as pet dander, pollen etc apart from other factors such as stress and changes in hormonal level that aggravate the trouble. Ideally one should learn how to treat eczema naturally in an easy manner as provided here below.
Natural Remedies for Eczema
- Remove allergy causing ingredients from your diet food items like eggs, pea nuts, soy, corn, wheat, cow’s milk and others. These foods have high protein which could not be digested by the patient and the eczema gets exacerbate. Try this allergy elimination diet in which you stop taking all these ingredients for one month and then you slowly add back all the ingredients one by one to check them for the allergy reactions.
- Various supplements like cod liver oil, vitamin D, full spectrum probiotics, digestive enzymes, L-glutamine, licorice tea and almond oil can help reduce the symptoms of eczema to a great extent.
- Make sure that your diet has sufficient good fats to offer proper moisturising effect to your skin. Applycoconut oil on your skin and make sure that you add lot of olive oil, avocado oil, ghee and coconut oilin your food. Foods which are rich in omega-3 fatty acids are also good for healing the eczema in natural way.
- Change you soap and shampoo- Make sure that any skin care product which you apply on your skin must not have SLS in it. Chemical filled skin products may worsen up the symptoms.
- Aloe Vera also has many effects on healing the wounds and lessening the burning sensation in the skin. You can easily buy an aloe-vera plant and keep a leaf in your refrigerator. This is the purest and cheapest moisturiser which you can use any time you want.
- Make sure you wear natural fibres and avoid using detergent powders which are filled with harsh chemicals. Try buying clothes which are made up of bamboo, cotton and silk.