Having pimples can be such a nuisance, as it is not only a skin infection but can also affect one’s self-esteem.
Pimples are caused by a number of factors, including stress, hormones, diet, and vitamin deficiency, among others.
The severity of pimples varies from one person to another, sometimes they are just singular red bumps on the face or parts of the body, and at other times they can develop to acne.
They are also common among pubescent teenagers, as the body’s way of coping with hormonal changes.
If you are suffering from pimples, no need to worry because there are many solutions to help you get rid of pimples. Here are some ways to get rid of pimples:
- Even though it may be tempting, do not pop your pimples if they are new. This can cause skin irritation and enlarged pores. However, if your pimples have a white head that is ready to pop, you can only use this method to get rid of pimples if you wash your hands thoroughly before popping. Afterwards, wash your face with a mild skin cleanser to avoid infection of the wound.
- You will learn how to get rid of pimples if you can avoid touching your face. Our hands are exposed to many germs, dirt, and bacteria which when transferred to the face can clog the pores and cause irritation which will produce pimples.
- If you are constantly on the go and exposed to pollution on the street or other environmental factors, making a habit out of washing your face during midday can help to get rid of pimples.
- Another way to help to get rid of pimples is by ensuring that you use a clean towel to wipe your face after every washing. Dirty towels can accumulate dirt and bacteria; it is recommended to change one’s towels at least every 5 days.
- Benzoyl peroxide is effective to get rid of pimples. Apply this every night on the affected area, after thoroughly cleansing your face. Different concentrations of benzoyl peroxide are available for mild to severe forms of pimples.
- Skin products with allergens and fragrances can irritate the skin, so choosing the right products will help you get rid of pimples. When you are shopping for makeup, facial soap, and moisturizers, make sure to choose products that are fragrance free, allergy-tested, and oil-free.
- A natural remedy to get rid of pimples is by using a cold teabag, placed over your pimples for 15-20 minutes a day. The antioxidants in the tea will help to kill the bacteria while the coldness will reduce swelling.
- If you have severe pimples and acne, use a medicated yet mild facial wash to help to get rid of pimples. You may want to consult a physician or dermatologist to choose the right medicated facial wash for your skin needs.
- Avoid experimenting with products that guarantee to help you get rid of pimples. Always ask your dermatologist before buying them. Others also undergo surgery to remove their pimples but before you consider going under the knife, make sure you know the advantages and disadvantages of such operation.
- A change in lifestyle can also help you say goodbye to these ugly skin problem. Avoid eating fatty and oily foods. Drink plenty of water and get enough sleep everyday.