At one point or another, you’ve probably encountered blackheads on your face.
If you’re unsure of what blackheads are, they are the yellowish or blackish bumps you find on your facial skin, which are an accumulation of dirt and excess oil.
Cleansing with soap alone will not solve the problem of blackheads. If you have a problem with excessive blackheads, no need to fear because there are many types of blackhead removers on the market today.
Different types of application and methods of blackhead remover cater to various levels of blackheads. If you want a quick and fast blackhead remover solution, you can use pore strips, which is an adhesive with a tape-like area which is attached to the infected area (usually the nose), applied for about 10 to 15 minutes, and once removed they take away the blackheads.
This is one of the most popular types of blackhead remover, but there are also other methods available:
- Weekly exfoliation is a proven method as a blackhead remover. It will take time and effort but integrating exfoliation into your skin care routine can greatly minimize the appearance of blackheads over time. Many types of exfoliating washes are available, but be sure not to do this more than once a week as it can make your skin overly sensitive.
- The use of topical retinoids such as Retin A are an effective blackhead remover. Not only does it work in removing blackheads but regular use also prevents blackheads from forming. It works by reducing oil secretion and helps with promoting normal cell functioning.
- You can use a metallic extractor as a blackhead remover, but be sure to do it carefully as otherwise this can lead to scarring. This may take some time as you will have to remove each blackhead individually.
- Chemical peels are another alternative yet they are effective as a blackhead remover. The peels usually contain salicylic acid and glycolic acid, which, when combined keep skin clear and healthy as well as remove blackheads.
Natural blackhead remover tips
- There are also lifestyle changes you can make that will help for blackhead remover. One of these is eating properly. Because blackheads are an accumulation of oil and sebum, reducing fatty and oily products from your diet can help you minimize its appearance and recurrence. It also helps to drink a lot of water to flush out toxins, and keep your skin healthy and moisturized. Include lots of vegetables and fruits, and stay away from cooked carbohydrates and replace the oil you consume with olive oil.
- Another useful tip for blackhead remover would be to choose non-comedogenic makeup. Makeup clogs pores easily, especially when it’s sweating. Also, don’t forget to properly remove your makeup before going to bed, as sleeping with makeup is one of the most popular mistakes women make without realizing that this is bad for the skin, as it clogs pores.
- Getting enough sleep and rest can also prevent the occurrence of blackheads. Sleeping six to eight hours a day can help rejuvenate your skin cells and keep them healthy. In addition, free your body of stress to avoid buildup of blackheads, whiteheads, and pimples.