Do you have a black or yellow small bump on your face? If you do, chances are you have a blackhead.
Blackhead is kind of acne vulgaris and it is not acquired by the common notion that it is caused by poor hygiene.
It is usually caused by excess oil in the face’s gland duct which consists of keratin and sebum oil. One effective to get rid of them is by using a blackhead remover.
You will be surprised to find out that these stubborn blackheads do not essentially need to be removed, because the body often does this natural process. However, if they are alarming, a number of blackhead remover treatments and tools will do the trick.
Blackhead remover treatments
The use of blackhead remover treatments may take several days to become noticeable. Here are some common treatments:
1. Benzoyl Peroxide helps in the reduction of the cause of the blackhead. Its anti-bacterial effect is the effective blackhead remover since it decreases the chemical reaction which transforms the lining of the hair follicle.
2. Tretinoin is a vitamin A derivative which reduces stickiness and returns the pore to its normal condition. It can be irritating, so it is advisable to follow the instructions on how to use it.
3. Salicylic acid exfoliates the skin which opens the pores and makes the blackheads come to the surface for easier removal.
4. Dermatologist prescribed topical or oral antibiotics may be used if the blackheads are infected.
Blackhead remover using extractions
- The blackhead removal strip is the most famous way of removing blackheads. It is usually done by wetting the strip and placing it in the blackhead area for about 10 minutes. Its adhesive tape like strip removes the blackheads out of the pores. Those with sensitive skin are advised to be cautious in using this, because it might cause veins to appear in the face.
- Another tried blackhead remover is the use of tweezers. Be sure to buy aligned pointed tweezers to effectively remove the blackhead from your pore and to reduce squeezing accidents which may lead to further skin damage.
- Tissue papers can also be used as effective and cheaper blackhead remover. You just have to cover both your index fingers with tissue and work on each side of the blackhead by gently pushing it until it pops out. If the blackhead don’t come off easily, discontinue your prodding, it might lead to skin damage.
- Going to a skin care provider which uses a number of blackhead remover tools like metal loop or double spoon extractors. They are small, circular metal instrument used by gently pushing down the surrounding skin area causing the blackhead to extrude.
Blackheads indeed cause skin impurities and may affect you in one way or the other. These blackhead remover treatments and tools are ideal for mild to moderate cases.
Should your blackheads become infected or out of control, it is best to consult your dermatologist for the proper medication and treatment.