Are you seriously worried about itchy skin?
Do you know that the chemicals and ingredients used in most skin care products are the leading cause of itchy skin rashes?
Itchy skin can be very painful and irritating condition for affected individual.
Improper usage of skin care products or harsh chemicals is the major leading cause of itchy skin.
While dealing with itchy skin condition, most of you tend to toss self-control out and try to scratch your skin at ease. However, this may only give you a temporary relief and satisfaction.
But, if you break the skin, it can lead to skin infection. So, you have to deal very conscientiously with itchy skin condition.
Here are a few recommended measurements by health experts to deal with itchy skin.
Essential measures to deal with itchy skin
- Prefer moisturizing mild soaps for your skin. Stay away from liquid soaps as they tend to be harsh and consequently worsen your skin condition with Laureth Sulfate. Mild soaps that are specially designed for sensitive skin will be safer for you.
- Avoid long hot showers and excessive scrubbing while bathing, which can possibly wash away your skin’s natural oils and leaves dry and itchy skin for you. Clean dirty areas gently and rinse off your body.
- Apply best skin moisturizer after taking bath and prefer cream based moisturizers for your skin. As creams are thicker forms, apply them in moderation in thin layers and rub well over your skin.
- If you have any prescribed lotions and creams for itchy skin, apply them on itchy parts of your skin at least twice in a day, after taking bath and any other time in the day.
- You can also apply moisturizer as often as you want after daybreak to before bed time. But, always remember damp skin is the best for applying moisturizer.
Few home remedies
- Use baking soda: From widespread to hard-to-reach itches, baking soda is the best tool to fight against all kinds of itching skin problems. Add 1 cup of baking soda to a tub of warm water and leave it to soak and fuse with the water completely for 30 minutes. You can apply baking soda paste to localized itching sites on your skin.
- Using Aloe Vera: Aloe Vera helps significantly in healing minor skin irritations and also wounds. It has amazing anti-inflammatory, anti-bacterial and anti-fungal properties. Slice off a portion of Aloe Vera leaf and apply it directly on affected parts of your skin.
- Using Chamomile: It has good anti-inflammatory properties that help to soothe skin irritation like itchy skin rash. But, beware if you are allergic to ragweed or grass, it is not recommended to use chamomile.