Cosmetic dermatology is a relatively new branch of dermatology that deals with appearance-related issues of the skin.
Cosmetic dermatology helps people to work with a number of skin problems such as scarring, wrinkles, and acne, and eventually give them healthier, clearer skin and renewed self-esteem.
Many common procedures of cosmetic dermatology have become household names throughout the world, recognized for their effectiveness and dependability.
Some of the most common cosmetic dermatology procedures include:
- Botox – A proven way of reducing wrinkles, fine lines, and crow’s feet in the face, Botox has gained a loyal following the world over. Botox works by relaxing the facial muscles under the skin and therefore reducing wrinkles. It is also an FDA-approved procedure, so you can be assured that not only does it work, but it’s safe as well.
- Chemical peels – Although the science of cosmetic dermatology may be new, many of today’s chemical peels make use of centuries-old beauty secrets employed by timeless beauties in history such as Cleopatra. These peels are used to reveal smoother and more radiant skin. Chemical peels cater to clients with different needs, including light, medium, deep, and acne chemical peels.
- Laser hair removal – Thanks to this procedure of cosmetic dermatology, worrying about unwanted hair is now a thing of the past. You can say goodbye to the problems and bumps caused by shaving, waxing, plucking, and depilatory cream. Laser hair removal is ideal for just about any part of the body as well, leaving you with hairless, smooth, and radiant skin any where in your body.
- Restylane injections – From achieving smoother skin to having fuller lips, this procedure in cosmetic dermatology works wonders for those who want to improve their skin’s appearance and healthy, younger looking skin. The Restylane injections are made of clear hyaluronic acid gel that reduces wrinkles by filling up the spaces. It can also be used to plump up lips.
- Medical hair restoration – Finally, cosmetic dermatology gives hope to those with thinning hair and receding hairlines. Through medical and surgical hair restoration, you can have natural-looking hair that is thick, full, and healthy. It is also a safe way to get rid of receding hairlines. Medical hair restoration for thinning hair can also make use of hair donors to achieve a more natural-looking appearance after surgery.
Thanks to research and advances in cosmetic dermatology, problems of physical appearance and skin are a thing of the past. Even if you already have wrinkles from years of being under the sun, cosmetic dermatology can help you reverse the effects of premature aging.
When looking for a doctor or physician to work with, make sure to choose those with a license and good background in training as well as experience. If you are unsure about which procedure is best for you and your skin, your physician or doctor should be able to provide good advice and insight.