Laser technology is showing miracles in medical science. Today eyelid surgery has become very quick and easy with laser technology.
The advancement of science and technology has brought a lot of changes in medical field. One among those latest advancements is using laser technology in eyelid surgery.
How laser eyelid surgery differs from traditional eyelid surgery?
Safety is the main benefit with the laser eyelid surgery when compared to the traditional one. In laser technology, CO2 laser is used for the surgery which will reduce the risk of swelling and staining after the treatment.
In laser surgery, CO2 laser is used as a surgical tool, which will make incisions into the bony compartment of the eye, by closing the blood vessels and thereby reducing the risk of bleeding.
It is highly impossible in the normal eyelid surgery to avoid flowing of blood, but lasers have made the problem easier.
Our eye is located in small bony compartment and it is really a great risk to prevent the flow of blood between the bone and eye but the co2 laser has made the problem much easier and is also considered as a safe procedure.
In usual eyelid surgery the typical procedure would be; incisions are made around area of your eye where the excess of fat is to be removed. After removing the fat, the incisions are sealed with sutures. You will be given general or local anesthesia depending on the sedative.
How laser eyelid surgery is helpful to you?
- There will be a very negligible loss of bloodas the laser will close the blood vessels of your skin when the incision is made around your eye.
- Laser eyelid surgery doesn’t require any general anesthesia. Only local anesthesia is required.
- Recovery time will be less as there will be less strain to your skin and you can’t find any swelling and also scars will be less.
- Lasers also reduce the risk of infection on your skin by sterilizing tissues of skin after eyelid surgery.
- This latest advancement in eyelid surgery also reduces the unexpected complications to your skin.
- Laser surgery is also one of the best ways to prevent wrinkles around your eyes.
- When your skin is treated with laser, it takes hardly one week to heal and then the skin would appear to be pink, which is a sign of tightening process of your skin. You can also apply make up to your eyes in tightening process.
- In laser treatment you might not feel any pain.
- Take advice of cosmetologist or personal physician and then try this laser treatment for your eyelid surgery, which reduces the complications and side effects.