Laser hair removal is a long drawn out process that may be fairly expensive, so it is important to understand the process fully, its chances of success, efficacy and safety before opting for it. Consider the following facts about laser hair removal – is it safe and effective:
- Laser hair removal is never 100% permanent.
- Between 5 and 8 treatments are required over several months for effective hair removal.
- Sometimes hormonal imbalances could produce excess hair, and touch ups may be required even after the completion o f the treatment.
- The procedure can be painful and reddening of the skin, a hive like reaction results from the laser procedure. Sometimes, it is necessary to take pain numbing medication to ease the pain of the treatment.
- Side effects could include problems such as burns, skin pigmentation, and scarring.
- The average cost of performing laser hair removal treatment in the United States is $ 405. The cost goes up or down, depended upon the area of skin to be treated.
- Though getting the procedure done in a salon is cheaper than going to a doctor, you may not have the guarantee of proper training of the technician in the former case.