Hair becomes out of control or dries out with the hot temperature during summer.
Heat during summer can damage the cuticles of the hair where hair becomes dry, wiry, or can split.
As hair is a basic part in giving overall beautiful appearance, proper maintenance to the hair is most essential, especially during summer.
Summer hair care helps to keep your hair in a good condition all through the summer period.
So, start your summer hair care with the following tips to keep your hair damage free.
Summer hair care tips
- As summer is the time to loose skin as well as hair moisture due to hot temperatures, give your hair a good condition regularly. So, apply hair conditioner to the hair immediately after every wash to the hair or at the time you wet your hair.
- Chlorine and salt contents of swimming water can make hair dry. So, wash your hair using normal water (no chlorine) immediately after swimming. By doing so, you can remove these hair damaging elements quickly and easily.
- It is good to avoid shampooing your hair every day. Shampooing regularly can reduce natural oil in your hair, which act as hair moisturizers .
- While shampooing your hair, use hair shampoo with deep cleansing and apply conditioner after washing your hair . Apply conditioner to the ends of the hair strand as well as the fizzy hair parts to restore the lost moisture at the end of the hair shafts.
- To dry your hair after washing your hair, you may normally use blow drier every day. But, as part of your summer hair care, keep blow dryer away from your hair. The hot air from the blow drier can damage the hair during summer. So, allow your hair to dry naturally.
- For the hair that is colored, spray your hair with a “leave-in” conditioner that contains sunscreen. Using “leave-in” hair conditioner with sun protection regularly can help to keep the hair from losing its glorious hair color. An over exposure to the sunrays can fade the color of the hair, leaving the hair dry and dull.
- With so many stylish hair accessories on the market today, you may get attracted to the accessories, but try to avoid using every accessory that makes you attract, as certain accessories can damage or hurt your hair resulting in split ends. So, select the one that causes no damage to your skin.
- It is a good idea to take scarf along with you during summer. Use the scarf to tie on your hair whenever it is hot and windy. Scarf helps to prevent tangles, hair breakage and splitting.
- Also, wear sun protection filters to protect your hair from the damages of ultraviolet rays.
- In the summer, take proper care in selecting and using hair care products. Keep alcohol or formaldehyde products away from your hair. These products can dry your hair rapidly.
- Check the label properly and pick the one that contains no hair damaging ingredients.
- It is also good to tie your hair in a bun or knot during summer, as it keeps your hair away from sun damages.
So, are you ready to face the effects of summer on your hair!