There are various methods for hair removing such as threading, waxing, shaving, electrolysis, laser treatment etc.
Among these, threading is the ancient method of hair removal. This procedure has been followed from olden days.
In the recent generation, also people from many countries are following this culture.
Especially the women from India, Pakistan and some other Middle East countries still prefer to go for threading for removing unwanted hair.
Threading hair removal is the process in which unwanted hair will be removed by using a cotton thread. In this process, your practitioner will hold one end of the cotton thread between her teeth and other end in her left hand.
Through that thread, she makes a loop and with that loop she will trap the unwanted hair and plucks them.
This threading hair removal will be mostly used to remove the unwanted hair from face. This will work on other body parts also such as hands, legs, neck, toe etc.
The most important thing that you should remember before going to threading hair removal process is, it should be performed by well experienced practitioner only.
The advantages of threading hair removal process are:
- This is the less expensive process to remove the unwanted hair.
- This is less painful than some other hair removal treatments such as waxing (Waxing for hair free body), shaving (Tips for Shaving Legs), laser treatment etc.
- This is the most easy and convenient method for removing the unwanted hair present on your face.
- The time taken by this process is less when compared to other hair removal treatments.
- This threading hair removal treatment is suitable for all skin types. Even the too sensitive skin which can’t tolerate waxing and laser treatment can also go for this threading process.
- Usage of chemicals will not be there in this threading hair removal process. This is the simple process in which only cotton thread will be used.
- There will be no chemical reactions in this threading hair removal process.
The disadvantages of threading hair removal process:
- It is hard to find out well experienced or good practitioner.
- If the practitioner does not have experience then this method of threading hair removal will be painful.
- The inexperienced practitioner may not be able to pick your hair in proper way. Because of this uneven picking, you will feel lot of inflammation on your skin.
- The most common side effects that you can feel in this threading hair removal process are: folliculitis, reddening of your skin, changes in skin pigmentation and bacterial infection on hair follicles.
- If you have acne on your face, then you should not go for threading process because this process will cause severe rupture on acne.
- You can feel little pain while threading your hair.
- The big disadvantage in this threading hair removal process is, it can be carried out in flat areas only.
These are the various advantages and disadvantages of threading hair removal.